Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Banana Pudding

During 4th of July weekend, I tried a super delicious banana pudding and of course I had to try making one myself. I tried a recipe that included condensed milk  - of course! I always have to go for any dessert with condensed milk. Anyway, I think it came out pretty good, if you are interested in trying it yourself, here's the recipe I came up with:

Banana Pudding
1 package (3.5oz.) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 package (3.5oz.) instant banana cream pudding mix
2.5 cups of 2% low fat cold milk
1 package (8oz.) fat free cream cheese
1 can of condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8oz.) container frozen whipped topping
5-6 bananas sliced
1 box of nilla vanilla wafers

Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 dish with one layer of  vanilla wafers and add one layer of bananas on top .
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Mix in condensed milk, vanilla,  vanilla pudding mix, banana cream pudding mix and cold milk until smooth. Last mix in whipped topping at a low speed, f or just a few seconds. The mixture should be fluffy and creamy.

Pour the mixture over the vanilla wafers and bananas. Refrigerate for 3 hours.

Right before serving add wafers and sliced bananas on top. Be creative! ;)

No comments: