Sunday, January 29, 2012

A bit about my mom and Carcinoid

Well the last quarter of 2011 kind of flew by, I had so much going on. My mom had major surgery in September and then I got to spend some time taking care of her in October. She is my world and I can't be more grateful with the way things turned with the surgery. She was diagnosed earlier last year with Carcinoid Tumors an Carcinoid Syndrome. We learned it's not a very commonly diagnose decease so I figure it's probably a good idea to pass the word about it...to learn more go to www.carcinoid.org
She overcame the worst, but there's still a bit more to go. I can't wait to hear she's tumor free. This is her just a month after her surgery. She is amazing!!!
Carcinoid awareness is represented with zebras, so here's a few beautiful items I found on etsy:

 
Zebra cut-out necklace black pleather (vegan) by MissFluff

Great Painter Print by artretro

Zebi the Zebra Crocheted Stuff Animal by Adorn for Hope

No comments: